Wednesday, 17 September 2014 at 14:00
CILIPinKent are pleased to offer a free tour of the Archives and Library at the Kent History and Library Centre.
Book a place at http://bit.ly/1oyE9fx
The Centre which opened in 2012 is purpose built to protect and provide access to the County’s archives, it offers;
- Around 14 kilometres of historic material relating to Kent dating back to 699 AD
- A state-of-the-art public search room for consulting original documents, older books and local studies material
- A multi-use space used for history workshops, talks and exhibitions
- an exciting programmes of exhibitions and talks
- The library offers 40,000 books and is host to a regular programme of activities such as regular storytime and baby bounce and rhyme sessions. The centre also hosts author events, reading groups and other community activities.